Oct

Russell Brand In His Fullness

Damn. I mean, damn.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YR4CseY9pk[/youtube]

Gawker:

Throughout the interview, Brand repeatedly dodged Paxman’s efforts to trivialize his message — at one point Paxman literally called Brand a “very trivial man” — until finally, even the entrenched newsman appeared to relent against the rushing tide of Brand’s valid arguments.

Comments

1. D.Dial says:

And the revolution is brewing. It’s gonna come as a big surprise…just like it was for the Romanoffs, Hapsbergs and all the other self important groups in power who neglect their duty to make the world a better place, be they financial or good old boy power wielders.

It has always been this way.

2. Jeff Mclarty says:

I’m on record as against Old Power Boy Wielders.
    Oh, I read that wrong.

3. Andrew Dahm says:

The Obama administration’s collusion in Moffitt’s Argentinian diddle and $2 MM for the Art Museum spring to mind . . .

There is no revolution brewing, the very idea itself is antiquated. Things fall apart, things atrophy, but barring an outside actor (like some sort of environmental cataclysm or alien invasion) things will do what they always do, until this all morphs into something else. The weak are meat the strong do eat.

“A real poser. I reached for the remote at “I have never voted,” but given the realities of how folks behave in elective office, the guy might have a point.”

Maybe, but for whatever disappointments have occurred I would maintain that voting in 2008 still worked out better than not voting in 2010 did.

6. N.C.Rohan says:

With our new election laws finally ensuring “integrity”, it will be no surprise that the AbsenTea Party wins sweeping victories.

7. D.Dial says:

There’s always been revolution. Human nature doesn’t change that much.

8. D.Dial says:

Fixing incompetence starts with asking better questions. Thank you, Russell.