Jun

Scrutiny Hooligan Evolution – 9 Year Anniversary

Hooligans,

Just a couple of sample shots of the Scrutiny Hooligan page from the beginning til now. Get out there and enjoy the day!

247889_10150264273593134_2382168_n

“If any of you happens to see an injustice, you are no longer a spectator, you are a participant. And you have an obligation to do something.” - June Callwood

250508_10150264273633134_5863007_n

“The meaning I picked, the one that changed my life: Overcome fear, behold wonder.” - Richard Bach

251603_10150264273688134_2935859_n

“Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt

243489_10150264273558134_2714771_o

“I do not insist," answered Don Quixote, "that this is a full adventure, but it is the beginning of one, for this is the way adventures begin.” - Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

-----------------------------------

• Here's to Nine more!

Categories : Bread and Circuses
  • Comments

1. arratik says:

Still kicking against the pricks. Thanks for that.

2. Jeff Mclarty says:

All in all, I think this is a gosh darn deluxe social/political/verbal sandbox; fun, informative, and once in a while one of the kids poops in it and the grown ups have to clean it up.

Yeah, yeah…I agree and all that…and LOVE the page shots. Wish there was a link to see the original…can’t really make it out to read.

I’m still missing the introductions. Torch and Pitchfork, do we get to know a bit about you? Like, what drew you here, how long you been around, and what you offer. I mean, obviously, you’re hired. I’m just, as anyone here can tell you, I am a curious kind of person. Sometimes, I get stuck trying to get the honey pot, but, I don’t mean it. But, I AM curious.

4. arratik says:

Eww. I think I like Torch & Pitchfork’s old nom de bloggeur better. This new one sounds like he’s about to give a 9.7 rating to the new Vampire Weekend album.

Read through the archives. You’ll figure out who he is. Only one person ever used that category.

Thanks, I did that, finally. Yours looks familiar from the older posts, also.

Glad to see folks still around and involved!

6. Jeff Mclarty says:

You mean Torch and Pitchfork is also Drama Queen?

7. randallt says:

I still miss the detective guy. I’ve only been around since 2004. This place has meant a whole lot to me. It inspired me to start blogging, I learned about Twitter early enough to grab @randallt, and I first learned about how awful the Libertarian mindset is. It is hard to be worse than Republicans but they have somehow managed.

I just showed a few people the Tim what’s his name quote following mine in the neine, neine, nine post. A twelve year old asked, “Why is he so mean?”. Great question kid, I’m not sure.

Hey, Randallt, do you know what’s up with the Rainbow Gathering this year? Did you hear the news? Or, is that not an annual trek for you?

Are all Libertarians like TP? Or, is he like the Jane of the Tea Party? An extreme example of a bad example?

Oh, and, that’s Mim, not Tim… ::::or, whatever:::

Hey, you don’t fit the character from Monsters, Inc, do ya’? (j/k)

10. randallt says:

TJ, don’t know nothin about no rainbow gatherings lately but did get invaded by them in 1979 while camping in New Mexico. They swarmed us like killer hippie bees.

You’re true blue, Randall.

Heard there was a bomb scare, and, they called police (uncharacteristically, apparently) to assist them in trying to find out who is behind the threat. It seems there is not a great way to do security checks, and, it would not be seen as a happy time, if they did.

Nice piece you wrote up.