Asheville City Council Agenda 4.23.13By
Your Asheville City Council is meeting tonight at Koontz Intermediate School on Overlook Road at 6pm to discuss our budget situation. I hope some of you can make it. We’ll come together again on Tuesday, April 23rd for a budget work session at 3pm followed by our regular business meeting at 5pm. After the jump you’ll find the agenda, or you can click here to see it at the city’s website.
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!
Pledge of Allegiance
Invocation to be given by Councilman Pelly.
– April 2013 as “Parkinson’s Disease Awareness Month”
– April 21-27, 2013, as “Administrative Professionals Week”
– May 2013 as “Foster Case Appreciation Month”
– May 2013, as “Fair Housing Month”
– May 2013 as “Motorcycle Awareness Month”
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
B. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with CANA Construction for the Water Service Renewals Project North/East. Documents
C. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with Henderson County to lease one transit vehicle. Documents
D. Resolution authorizing negotiation of an installment financing contract for the financing of Fiscal Year 2013 Green Capital Improvement Plan Projects and
calling for a public hearing on May 14, 2013. Documents
E. Resolution waiving all the permit fees associated with the installation of a canopy at Pack Square Park and authorizing the City Manager to execute the
Tourism Development Authority Agreement Grant to accept the canopy following installation, inspection and acceptance. Documents
F. Resolution supporting the Asheville-Buncombe Regional Sports Commission’s efforts to host the Ironman Triathlon in September 2014. Documents
G. Resolution authorizing the City Manager enter into a contract with Land of the Sun Inc. d/b/a Fletcher Grading Contractors for the Cherry Street/Pearl
Street/Starnes Avenue Sidewalk Construction Project. Documents
III. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Sustainable Advisory Committee for Energy & the Environment.
2. Legislative & Water
CITY COUNCIL HAS ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING TIME LIMITS FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS:
• APPLICANTS HAVE UP TO TEN MINUTES TO COMPLETE A PRESENTATION.
• ELECTRONIC PRESENTATIONS ARE LIMITED TO AGENDA ITEMS WITH PRESENTATION MATERIALS PROVIDED PRIOR TO THE MEETING BY CITY STAFF, APPLICANTS, OR ORGANIZED OPPOSITION.
• INDIVIDUALS HAVE UP TO THREE MINUTES TO SPEAK TO CITY COUNCIL.
• A PERSON REPRESENTING A GROUP OF THREE OR MORE PERSONS (NOT INCLUDING THE SPEAKER) PRESENT IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER HAS UP TO 10 MINUTES TO ADDRESS CITY COUNCIL.
• PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ANY ITEM MAY NOT EXCEED ONE HOUR.
• ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED IN HARD COPY AND/OR WRITTEN FORM.
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
A. Public hearing to consider the Community Development Block Grant and HOME Investment Partnership Act funds Consolidated Action Plan for
Fiscal Year 2013-14. Documents
– Resolution authorizing submission of the City’s Consolidated Annual Action Plan for 2013-14 to the U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development
B. Public hearing to consider a conditional use permit for Palisades of Asheville, located at Mills Gap Road, for the construction of a 224 unit apartment
C. Public hearing to consider the rezoning of 10 Old Shoals Road from Highway Business District to Commercial Industrial District. Documents
D. Public hearing to consider an amendment to the approved conditional zoning master site plan for Hunt Hill Apartments, located at 56 Hunt Hill Place, to eliminate
the Carroll Avenue entrance. Documents
E. Public hearing to consider a conditional use permit for the Asheville Market, located at 4 South Tunnel Road to redevelop an existing retail center and construction
of a new building, and a modification request to landscape requirements. Documents
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
VI. NEW BUSINESS:
VII. INFORMAL DISCUSSION AND PUBLIC COMMENT: