Jan

Check Your Bookmarks!

Well hello there again Hooligans. I just have a small piece of business here for you.

For the more internet savy, you might’ve noticed the address up there in your browser ends with a .us

scrutinyhooligans dot US

Now most websites end with the .com, thus the dot com era was born! No one much talks about the dot us era nor the dot biz era. Does .etc exist?

The point is: you might have mistakenly bookmarked scrutinyhooligans.com instead of scrutinyhooligans.us. The reason you don’t second guess a left at Albuquerque is that we currently have any scrutinyhooligans.com traffic redirected to the correct scrutinyhooligans.us address.

The problem is something might go hinky with that redirect starting February 1st. We might need a few days to work it out. Don’t worry! The site will still be running. Just make sure you have the .us address in your bookmark! Go check right now!

Please let us know if you have any questions in the comments. I will try to get back to you by the evening.

You may now return to your normally scheduled hooliganism. Thank you.

Categories : Technical Crap

Comments

1. Mim Toffitt says:

Who is this “admin” person?

I will never reveal my sources to the likes of you, Mr. Toffitt!!

I’ll die of thirst before I say the name of “he who shall not be named.”

Shows my “savvy-ness.”

I never knew you could use .com for SH.

Does this adjustment include getting that cool banner at the top again?

5. admin says:

admin is just a site admin. nobody to be concerned with.

i can’t figure out why the banner does not work. so i am leaving it as-is for now.

Darn it! It sure was an eye-catcher. Folks standing around at TKD, waiting for classes would get curious what Scrutiny Hooligans was, after they noticed the banner shifting. Better advertising, if you ask me (but, no one did, so I thought I’d tell you, anyway 😉 ).

7. Anyone else notice this down at the bottom left, when ScrooHoo is loading?:

s.ytimg.com

A quick google suggests that this is a YouTube ‘helper’ program, but on the side, it attempts to access your computer’s camera and/or microphone. Am I paranoid, or is this worthy of some concern? (I’m not worried for myself, ’cause my dinosaur computer has no camera OR microphone.)

8. admin says:

Thank you theotherbarry.

ytimg.com is a Youtube helper. If you start from a freshly cleared of cookies browser and go directly to YouTube, you will find the ytimg.com cookie has been added to your cookie jar. Our site is adding it probably because of Youtube content that is posted regularly.

The ytimg.com domain is registered to Google. I read through the entire thread you posted and I do not see reason to believe that Google/YouTube would surreptitiously spy on its 800 million unique users per month. There is nothing I can do about it even if they were.

I hope that is helpful.

So, admin are you saying we are not unique in our uniqueness?

Weird! This reminds me of the Little Prince’s unique rose.

Of course, we all know ScruHoo is unique 😎

10. Mim Toffitt says:

And, you’re an expert on that, right?

Who are YOU?

Are you from a parallel universe, the one where the “other” Moffitt could have gone?

BTW, I actually like you better…even if you’re an evil twin, I like anyone willing to dialogue…but, I still pay attention to whether someone is being authentic or not.

12. Scru-Hoo is trying to collect a video record of every visitor, n case someone posts under a pseudonym.

I don’t think so Mimsykins. Don’t you have some boobies to ban?

Oh, come on Barry! He’s just being a good paranoiac.

14. Mim Toffitt says:

You have to admit the timing of the booby thing was just about a stroke of genius.
    Ancient wisdom: If you can’t make the trains run on time and you still want to destroy rule the country, distract them with dumb social issues.

Oh, so you learned from Clinton calling folks to war to distract from his affair?

Yes, it IS genius… I suppose, to the male species. Seems like the one thing that unites a lot of folks.

Men, as the “fascinated” bystanders. Women, as the “victims/survivors” asserting themselves in various manifestations.

I doubt you’d have gained much interest if you were talking about – well, whatever – besides, you’re already talking about this on the other thread. See?

The topic here is “Check your bookmarks!”

I think admin should deal with this…. at least in THIS forum, you are not the reigning king!