Sep

50 Years Ago Today…

YouTube Preview Image

Comments

1. jim shura says:

We had the bomb first. Sputnik scared us with delivery potential. Early ballistic missile system science and scientists came here from a defeated totalitarian Germany and got us to the moon. At what rate is our scientific population doubling today compared to, say China? I wonder about that, and what is wrong with the whole scenario.

I know this is way off topic but given the news out of Libya today I thought it very important that these photos of Libyans offering apologies for what happened to several Americans needs to be seen as it offers a different face than the ones so many want us to have:

I know this is way, way off topic but given the news out of Libya today I thought it very important that these photos of Libyans offering apologies for what happened to several Americans needs to be seen as it offers a different face than the ones so many want us to have:

RHS: I thought I was the only who repeats themself. My kids drove me to that, even though I told them I hate repeating myself….

Well done!

I thought the “profit” sign was an interesting misspell… not intentional, of course.

I wonder if that is their version of Occupy, or, is that truly how their government feels? I think that’s awesome, either way, to hold this as an offering, hopfully, not because they fear Americans will retaliate.

I always appreciate our being able to stand up and say to the world, “our government does not represent what I stand for,” but, now, we can’t be so sure we will not be slapped with a “terrorist” label.

I noticed the spelling of “profit” too and was rather touched by it given that it was an effort by someone whose first language, I assume, is not English

I posted that link because those photos help counter the image people like Terry Jones, Franklin Graham, Newt Gingrich, etc. want Americans to have of Islam as a part of keeping us in fear.

@ RHS, beautiful architecture in the background….too.

RHS: Well, you know they are just priming up for their leader-in-waiting. Romney has already been saying he will rebuild our military power and weapons, thus, creating more jobs for the U.S.

Come on, all ye patriots…a life for a job, or, thousands of lives. At least you’re working now, so, what do YOU have to complain about?!

Gotta have those “enemies” handy.

Never mind that every war DOES come to the US, even before the attack on 9/11. War is brought home by all those folks damaged by PTSD, or, missing limbs, or chemical pollution.

So, I wish they would stop trying to convince everyone that the war is “over there.”

Really. It is RIGHT here!