Jul

We’re Not Gonna Take It

YouTube Preview Image

Categories : Health Care, Media, Satire

Comments

That Susie is a hoot.

2. Making fun of stupid people is hardly where “liberals” should be putting their energy.

Please note that my own attacks on “stupid” people are reserved for those who I believe are not stupid but who are, in fact, the intellectually bankrupt individuals in politics who are preying on the stupid people.

Also, stupid should be replaced with “ignorant”, since there’s actually a difference between not knowing and not knowing better.

Also, it’s dinner time.

Okay, Mat, don’t make me feel so stupid. Can I make fun of you?

What’s for dinner?

“That Susie is a hoot.”

I think she’s one of the “cool” kids, don’t you? We should invite her to lunch. Oops! Missed lunch, are you coming to Mat’s for dinner? I’ve got the sparklers.

5. Spaghetti and meatballs.

Sorry, I’ve just never liked this bit at all. Leno used to do it a lot after getting The Tonight Show and I thought it was cheap then.

Oh, and you can make fun of me all you want. I’m balding and fifty pounds overweight. I wear glasses. I don’t like sports. I don’t like “geek” culture. I don’t like “pop” culture. I often say inappropriate things.

Um, what else? I drink PBR. I am right now.

MMmmm! Are they homemade meatballs? I’m in!

You wouldn’t have like the conservative comedian, then, that the tea bag people had at Skyland FD recently. All he did was that kind of stuff. Actually, come to think of it, I didn’t think he was funny, either.

I guess we should really be crying, rather than laughing. It’s so sad, though, all you can do is laugh, or I’ll be crying almost every day. The ones I can’t stand are the “esteemed leaders,” rather than the every day folks who can’t tell Jay Leno what the Constitution even is. And, they’re not from England.

Anyway, the stuff “wrong” with you, I don’t make fun of. I laugh at myself getting all patriotic and getting sparklers for the kids and four watermelons and 2 gallons of ice cream for some folks downtown.

Then, I remember why I’m getting it. No one thinks homeless folks need to celebrate anything, so they just pack PBJ’s and it’s good enough.

Then, I want to cry, again.

We met Susie at Netroots in Providence as she was slumming among the heathen. Few knew who she was. She does a pretty fair “South Carolina.”

8. I think we tried homemade meatballs once and it was an unmitigated disaster. Sadly, we haven’t done homemade sauce for several months now, either. I am not sure why this is.

Conservative comedians are rarely funny. I am not sure why that is, exactly. I found out the other day that Michael J. Nelson of MST3K is apparently a Republican, but that doesn’t explain why MST3K is good while the one book of his I read was almost painfully bad.

As far as the esteemed leaders, when I saw Henry Rollins spoken word show back in 2010, he talked about going to a Tea Party rally in DC and hearing some congressperson come out and talk about the greatness of our Constitution and how beautiful its words were, especially “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

And he says that he was blown away because here he was, a high-school drop-out who was in a couple of punk bands and whose last real job was at an ice cream shop who knew that those words aren’t in the Constitution.

Hmm. It loses a lot in the telling. He’ll be in Atlanta and Columbia in October. Definitely worth the trip.

Tom, it seems the TP folks really liked her video. Odd.

Or, my sense of humor is not so keen?

Mat, never mind. If it’s canned stuff, I can get that here at our house.

??PBR?? Maybe it’s cuz it’s late, but I’m not getting what that is.

You can always share our watermelon and fireworks ;-). Bring the fam.

“PBR” Pabst Blue Ribbon….aka redneck vs. hipster brew.

People in powerful positions who do stupid or self serving things that will affect our lives deserve all the ridicule we can muster.