Jun

Tuesday Open Thread – Millionth

The biggest topic of conversation at the Hooligan Conclave last week, aside from who looked best in the African hat we purchased from another patron, was how we should mark Scrutiny Hooligans’ one millionth hit. That’s right. In a few weeks, ScruHoo will have its millionth visitor.

Were you the master of all things bloggy, how would you come at it? Prize for the person? Exploding .gif? Ignore it altogether? Tickets to watch a secret meeting with Tim Moffitt, Nathan Ramsey, David King, Joe Belcher, Mike Fryar and their employees?

Or, you can use this thread to talk about the other exciting things going on in the world and in your minds. Enjoy.

Comments

Make it fun…make it spammy…

If my computer can have a virus with a pop-up link to some college loan ad, surely, you great hooligans (and the infamous Screwy Hoolie) can come up with some surprise link pop-up thingy when that person hits it. I just hope we get to be let in on it, afterward. Then, a private viewing of “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly,” with the appropriate fill-in actors from our gov’t…I’d leave that to the Hooligan decision making process.

Ummm, I don’t think most would care to know what’s going on in my mind, lately. Maybe by the time the millionth comes around ;-).

2. arrington13 says:

You should not only do a pop up thingy, but also give that person a special avatar for the page. Maybe throw in that snazzy African hat.

Oh and for the sake of transparency, ethics and all — I get paid by the city of Asheville every now and then.

3. dasdrew says:

I doubt the average surfer realizes just how difficult it is to start a blog from scratch and maintain it (successfully) for such a length of time. Congratulations on the upcoming milestone.

I’m anticipating the Supreme Court’s ruling on the constitutionality of healthcare reform. I found this related tidbit while I was surfing the internets.

4. Dixiegirlz says:

Congratulation on persevering to become established as the only freewheeling polyblog in town. What would we, do without the ScrooHoo?

5. Michael Muller says:

Lord only knows, Davyne.

Reports: Nora Ephron dead at 71

Ephron is best known for her romantic comedies, such as When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle, but also as the ex-wife of Watergate journalist Carl Bernstein, her second husband and father of her two sons. His cheating during their marriage inspired her 1983 laughing-through-tears novel Heartburn and the 1986 movie of the same name starring Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep.

7. Michael Muller says:

Thank you for posting that, Tom.

8. And because this is the best joke I’ve written in a decade, I’m going to flog it again tonight:

I am starting work on my first Hollywood script this week. It’s called “When Harry Left Sally”

It is believed that half of the languages spoken in the world today will be gone by the end of this century. The Alliance for Linguistic Diversity is working to protect and preserve them. Check out their fascinating web site:

10. Roger E. Hartley says:

If interested in a career in nonprofits or public service in govt., check out the Western Carolina Masters of Public Affairs program. We have served WNC since 1982 and have produced many community leaders. Still taking aPplications for fall and spring.

Check our page for more info and contact me.

In other news, not even News Corp thinks Fox News is. Last night at a meeting in NYC, the board decided to separate its publishing business from its entertainment side:

One company will house entertainment businesses like 20th Century Fox, Fox broadcast network and Fox News Channel while another houses the publishing assets, which include The Wall Street Journal and the Times of London along with HarperCollins book publishing and News Corp.’s education business.

[h/t Digby]