Mar

Wednesday Morning Music

I woke up this morning to a carpet of freshly bloomed purple phlox off my front porch — just in time for the first day of Spring. It’s wonderful here in Asheville in the Spring — spectacular, really. Full of hope, promise, and gratitude. And it made me think of this song…I hope you enjoy it and you enjoy the beautiful day. —MM

[youtube width=”560″ height=”330″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlCS-qf7yaM[/youtube]

Categories : Local, Loveletter

Comments

1. Diogenes says:

One of is confused. Maybe Asheville does it differently, marches to a different drum circle or something, but according to my closest advisors the first day of spring this year in the Northern Hemisphere on began March 20, 2012, at 1:14 A.M. (EDT).

Maybe you were too hung over to notice? Vodka and Red Bull was it?

“It’s wonderful here in Asheville in the Spring”

You must not have allergies.

3. You risk missing the forest for the trees, Diogenes. And besides: What The Hell Ever! So I had a rough night last night and didn’t know what day it was. All I know is that I’m all for this Global Warming stuff. I’ve already got me a little tan going.

4. Ascend of Asheville says:

Not a big Natalie Merchant fan, though she certainly is, but I love me some Wim Wenders, and I always thought this song must be taken from or addressing the two brilliant films “Wings of Desire” and “Far Away, So Close”.

“And RHS — all I can say to that is…how about a little less Debbie Downer and a little more Rip Taylor?”

Fine by me. As soon as I quite coughing, sneezing, etc.

6. Michael Muller says:

They have medication, RHS — they make pills, for Fuck’sPete’s Sake. I’m talking Over-the counter. You gotta Move On.

I think I’m allergic to heights and smog. The latter is part of why I moved from CA to NC. At least here, you don’t drive over the mountain and see an orange overlying layer of air.