Asheville City Council Agenda 3.13.12By
Your Asheville City Council convenes again on Tuesday for an evening of deliberation and decision making. After the jump, please find the agenda, and if you’d like to see it with all supporting documentation, just click here to go to the City’s website.
On tap for the meeting: A restructured Asheville-Buncombe Community Relations Council makes a report, Phase 3 of the Reed Creek Greenway, changing the design review threshold in the River District, further deliberation on how best to address the Billboard Clearcut law recently passed by your NC Legislators, and more.
Please leave your questions, suggestions, comments, observations, kudos, and kvetches in the comment thread.
City Council Regular Meeting – March 13, 2012 – 5:00 p.m.
City Hall Building
Pledge of Allegiance
Invocation to be given by Councilman Hunt.
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approval of the minutes of the formal meeting held on February 28, 2012.
B. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a construction agreement with Cana Construction for the Brevard Road 24-inch Waterline and Water System Improvements Project.
C. Resolution supporting Residential Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) through House Resolution 2599, PACE Assessment Protection Act of 2011.
D. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into the four year contract agreement with the N.C. Dept. of Public Safety to provide regional hazardous materials emergency response for Region 6.
E. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with Site Development Corporation Inc. for the Patton Avenue Sidewalk Project.
F. Resolution authorizing the Mayor to purchase two easements across property located off of Elizabeth Place for the purpose of implementing Phase 3 of the Reed Creek Greenway.
G. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with Kostelec Planning LLC to prepare the Long Range Transportation Demand Management Plan.
H.1. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a 5-year lease with DeWine Seeds – Silver Dollar Baseball, LLC, for the use of McCormick Field for the operation of the Asheville Tourists minor league baseball team.
2. Budget amendment, in the amount of $390,000, from General Fund pay-as-you-go capital funds for the Lighting and Playing Surface Replacement Projects; and a technical budget amendment, in the amount of $390,000, from debt proceeds for Fiscal Year 2011-12 street maintenance expenses.
I. Budget amendments:
1. To appropriate $3.0 million from the Parking Fund fund balance to provide an equity contribution toward the construction costs for the Biltmore Avenue parking garage (formerly referred to as 51 Biltmore).
2. To appropriate $45,000 from from General Fund fund balance to fund demolition of up to three structures that have been found as unsafe, unfit for human habitation, and meet the definition of dilapidated following the City of Asheville Minimum Housing Code process.
J. Resolution appointing Esther Cartwright to the River District Design Review Committee as one of RiverLink’s appointments.
K. Resolution amending the 2012 City Council Meeting Schedule to include a worksession on Tuesday, March 27, 2012, at 3:30 p.m. in the First Floor North Conference Room of City Hall.
III. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
A. Asheville-Buncombe Community Relations Council Update
B. Eblen Toy Run
C. Quarterly Reports
– Finance Committee Chair Report Documents
– Planning & Economic Development Committee Chair Report Documents
– Public Safety Coimmitee Chair Report Documents
– Strategic Operating Plan Documents
– Financial Report Documents
D. Transit Marketing Plan Update
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
A. Public hearing to consider an amendment to the Unified Development Ordinance regarding a reduction to the square footage threshold that triggers a major works design review by the River District Design Review Committee.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Update on Senate Bill 183 (selective vegetation removal).
VI. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Boards & Commissions (Council to determine who, if any, to interview)
– Board of Adjustment (Alternate)
– Community Relations Council
– Homeless Initiative Advisory Committee
VII. INFORMAL DISCUSSION AND PUBLIC COMMENT: