Feb

Chad Nesbitt Goes Full [REDACTED]

Cross/guest post from The Bugg Blog

It’s been a few weeks, and that means (just like a particularly scorching case of herpes) that Chad Nesbitt has managed to dipshit his way back onto my radar again with another series of stupid antics. This time Nesbitt has his own blog, and is attempting to ruffle local feathers by unleashing his own brand of typo-laden whit. Seeing as how this is myterritory, I have to crush it before it begins.

For those of you who aren’t aware of who Chad is, besides being the paragon of manliness that you see pictured above he is also the former leader of the local Republican party, who under his watch managed to not field a single winning candidate in an election year that was a Republican sweep throughout the country. Chad is a guy who used 9/11 to try to raise money for his party, and then after causing the local party to be investigated by the state decided to rip off handicapped children instead.

Now Chad’s latest target is the remnants of the #OccupyAsheville camp, which was located in front of City-County Plaza in Asheville NC. According to Chad and a few of his friends – not the same ones he was investigated for having an illegal high-stakes gambling ring with – the cost of the clean up from people camping will amount to well over $10,000.  But that’s not all; in the blog post, Nesbitt mentions a random stranger passing along anecdotal evidence.

Read the rest here

Categories : Cartoons, Local, Republicans

Comments

1. James Atkinson says:

That word “retard” in the title of this article is derogatory and offensive. Please make it go away.

2. Jeremy says:

I’m not sure which is more offensive: using “retard” as an insult or lumping Nesbitt together with people with true disabilities. I realize this is a guest post cross-posted from another site, but it concerns me that this is falling under the banner of a site for which I usually have a great deal of respect.

3. Jason Bugg says:

a holding back or slowing down

Now read further in my post:

But the problem is that Chad is the sort of idiot with a cell phone that won’t hesitate to make calls and make our elected officials miserable, and grind any actual meaningful work our local government is doing to a halt. So instead of railing against this idiot, let’s fix the problem.

I think you’re acting like a retard (offensive use) in reference to my use of the word retard (unoffensive use).

I agree that the word “retard” is offensive and detracts from the message of the post. I don’t use the word in a derogatory fashion, and I don’t like seeing it here either. I understand your point, Jason, about the other definitions of the word, but it’s an unnecessary, distasteful distraction all the same.

5. James Atkinson says:

I have heard from some people privately that they do not understand why that term, “retard,” is so offensive.

It is offensive because it uses people with developmental disabilities — primarily but not exclusively Down Syndrome — as a derogatory example to slur someone else.

The example and the intent of that word always is negative, always is vulgar, and therefore has no meaning outside of its use as an offensive epithet. And no meaning outside the presumption that people with developmental disabilities somehow are less than fully human.

In practical use, “retard” functions in precisely the same way as “moron,” “imbecile,” “Raghead,” “Nigger,” or “Cunt-eyed.”

It has no business at all in a post on an otherwise respectable and respectful site like Scrutiny Hooligans.

When I asked Jason Bugg, the author of the post, if the word could disappear, his gentle reply was “No…get the sand out of your vagina.”

So there it is.

6. Diogenes says:

Retard indeed.

Offensive is the least of it. Cross posting from the Bugg Blog is problematic for a host of reasons, of which both Bugg and Shad are aware.

If Jason Bugg wants to post here, why doesn’t he? He likes to drive traffic to his site by commenting here all the time.

And if Shad wants to post here why doesn’t he? Instead of ‘cross posting’ to the Bugg blog.

The odious Mr. Bugg has a well-deserved reputation here, and elsewhere. It seems a shame to taint and tarnish the admirable Scrutiny Hooligans with this kind of contemptible conceit.

It must have been a boozy night at the Prospect.

7. Jason Bugg says:

I find your use of the word “homotastic” (comment number 21) on this blog to be offensive, Gordo, but I don’t let that distract from your message.

8. James Atkinson says:

Jason Bugg… when I asked on your own blog if that offensive word could disappear and you replied, “No…get the sand out of your vagina,” was it the Webster’s definition of vagina that you intended, or some other less literal definition?

9. Gordon, I’ve taken the liberty of removing the word from the title. And Bugg: I think “homotastic” is an awesome word and since I’m the Big Homo around here, what I say goes. So piss off!

MM

10. James Atkinson says:

Thank you, Michael Muller. This pleases me.

The original headline remains under the Scrutiny Hooligans name on Facebook and Twitter.

And by “remains” I mean the Webster’s primary definition of “to stay behind in the same place,” not “a dead body; corpse.”

Just to be clear.

Someone(perhaps a fellow hooligan) asked me to post this here. I used the original title of Jason’s piece because it was Jason’s piece and I was “cross-posting” it and didn’t feel it right to change the title. Yes, some people find certain words offensive (I, for one, hate the word pomegranate). But you must understand that no where in life (or the internet) are you guaranteed to be free from being offended…that being said, I agree with Gordon that the kerfuffle over the use of the word “retard” distracts from the post. So thanks to MM for doing the sensible thing and changing it. Because there is no way in hell I would’ve. And now for no particular reason here’s Louis CK:

Retard indeed.
    It must have been a boozy night at the Prospect.

Wait, are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

I guess I’m wondering why the point is focused upon the language, rather than the misrepresentation of Occupy’s changes.

As a person attending this happening, I can tell you that we hauled off plenty of garbage and items in our personal vehicles (anyone want a former Occupy lawn chair? Maybe I should take it to eBay). I have also reminded and will continue to remind the GA and CC that a committment was made to the city council, that the ground will be repaired and re-seeded after the tents came down.

People cleaned well, all the way down to the lone cigarette butts people carelessly threw down (disrespectful of city AND land, if you ask me).

I can’t speak to soil quality, as I am not a farmer, etc., but if it is in need of that level of repair, I would be the first to admit it is unfair to ask city taxpayers to sponsor a cleanup, just as I think it is unfair to ask citizens to foot a 60k bill for an ASHEVILLE CIVIC CENTER (I won’t speak those other words) sign.

There Chad goes again….creating a huge mountain out of a molehill…in yet another desperate attempt to be noticed. A weeks time and some winter rye seed will end his dismay at the loss of the lovely landscaping beside City Hall. Nature’s like that.

15. The Prospect is my new favorite dive bar.

16. Mister Smug says:

In Bugg’s words:

“Because the craft brew intelligentsia in Asheville are every bit the reactionary idiots that Nesbitt’s Leicester Mafia is.”

True. Oh so very true.

Everybody knows you never do that. Hope you have all learned a valuable lesson.

18. jim shura says:

“…lumping Nesbitt together with people with true disabilities”

Someone has a problem with that? OK, how about tuckfard?

19. Andrew Dahm says:

Dio said “taint.”

Smug used the words “craft brew intelligentsia.” In the same sentence. As if opening a craft brewery reflected one scintilla of intelligence.

That’s pretty developmentally challenged is all I’m saying.

20. ivanrich says:

Redacting GUEST commentaries on a blogpost who’s masthead quotes Samuel Adams??? What a yuppie, pc, pseudo-intellectual clusterfuck. Alls I know is Jason Bugg pisses off all the right people. THAT’s what a blog ought to do.

To sum up, I just hope none of you are Washington Redskin fans.

I like the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, which I believe is a corn reference. I also like the Carolina Panthers – no relation to the black nationalist militia.

23. Ascend of Asheville says:

I like baseball. There’s no crying in Baseball.

24. Doug Gibson says:

I agree that term is offensive, and I’m glad it got removed.

But I think the point of using it here is the same made in “Tropic Thunder”: Nesbitt is acting less intelligent than he actually is in order to manipulate people’s emotions. He’s pushing conclusions that even he knows are false and don’t follow from his premises in order to smear the Occupy folks and rile up his audience, such as it is.

That pretty much sums up the approach of any number of Republican office holders and party officials, so I’m surprised someone hasn’t referenced the movie in this context sooner.

And of course doing this won’t get you an Oscar, and it won’t win you any elections, either.

25. Dixiegirlz says:

Hmmmm, scintelligentsia Andrew? I think we might have a new word. I like how it rolls off the tongue.

26. Jason Bugg says:

27. Andrew Dahm says:

Chad Nesbitt is not, in fact, acting less intelligent than he is. Quite the frigging contrary, in the humble opinion of somebody who helped him specify a printing job or two some days/years ago.

The American right has a serious case of the stupids, unless that term is too hurtful.

28. Andrew Dahm says:

Dixie, you might be referring to scientologence, which refers to an intellect that files lawsuits against those who view it as possessing a special learning style.

29. Andrew Dahm says:

Oh, and now that the Virginia legislature has broken ground on penetrating examinations, I think we should make prospective members of the Republican Party allow us to stick something in their ear and see if there’s anything in there. At all.

Well “scintillagentsia” then.

“Wow, Doug is officially the smartest person in this thread. Way to go. The rest of you are a bunch of hyper-sensitive women who should be put down.”

Fascinating….

As opposed to living of them damm wimmin, like somebody we know.

;-)

Aw, come on, name names…