Sep

Marc Hunt for Asheville City Council

Marc Hunt has the right vision, the right experience, and the right leadership to propel Asheville towards a more affordable and more sustainable future. I got to know Marc during my campaign. He sat down with me and taught me about financing models for multimodal transportation infrastructure. His patience, expertise, and strategic thinking made me an instant fan.

Marc’s got a long history of working to build consensus support for causes ranging from environmental preservation to Asheville-Buncombe Youth Soccer to our Greenways Master Plan implementation. He’s got a diplomatic sensibility, understanding that many hands make light work and that sustainable solutions require broad buy-in from across a community.

Marc is an advocate for affordable housing, equal rights for LGBT citizens, a sustainable energy future, environmental protection, smart growth land-use principles, as well as multimodal transportation. He understands that all of these goals are critical to economic development and job creation. He’s a cyclist and a paddler. He’s raised two sons and maintained a healthy marriage. He’s honest and reliable. He’s going to make a great Council member.

For all of these reasons and more, I gratefully endorse Marc Hunt’s candidacy for Asheville City Council.

Now it’s time to get him elected. Please join Marc and I this Saturday at 9:30am at the West End Bakery for a canvass of West Asheville. There will be training, materials, and a free t-shirt for everyone who comes. We’ll spread the word about Marc and then head to Blue Ridge Pride after we finish at Noon. Email mhuntcampaign@gmail.com to let us know you’ll be there!

Comments

1. Josh B says:

I was particularly attracted to Marc’s statements about steering Asheville away from car-centric development. This is not just an environmental issue. Many low-income families (myself included) see their budgets and paychecks busted by having to rely on cars to get to and from work, the store, the doctor, etc. The city bus system as of now just isn’t adequate to the task. We need to look at ways to make Asheville a shoe and bike friendly city so poor folks can stop sinking money into pollution-belching, cash-eating machines. I’ll be casting my vote for Marc for sure.

By the way – early voting is open now. 35 Woodfin St. downtown. Election day is October 11th.

3. Lindsey Simerly says:

btw, so far 308 people have voted in the race.

4. Aaron Sarver says:

I was happy to fill in the bubble next to the name of Marc Hunt during early voting for many reasons, but one thing I would like to highlight here is his leadership in making the Hominy Creek Greenway a reality.

Marc serves as Chairman of Asheville’s Greenway Commission.

You can read a bit more about the Greenway at these two links:

5. I’m trying to find out the organization(s) or individuals behind the signs and ads that have Pelly, Gray and Hunt all together. Anybody know?

I haven’t seen them, but if I had to guess, I’d guess PARC

Yes, PARC PAC.

8. Gray, Pelly and Hunt were my original pick, but I gotta say, Saul Chase was fairly impressive last night on AFM News Hour. Maybe a little “taxy” but certainly worth a harder look.

I’d be more impressed if he shut up about Boone.

10. trifecta says:

Sidewalks now, sidewalks forever. Saul Chase is not serious about many issues. Have you read his MountainX interview?

According to Mountain Xpress, Chase also comes with the Tim Peck seal of approval:

I’m voting for TJ, everyone else can go piss up a rope.

13. trifecta says:

Saw multiple Cates bulletin boards as I headed up Biltmore today. How much money is he throwing into this thing?

14. Michael Muller says:

Not enough.

MM

15. Dixiegirlz says:

Gonna be interesting to see if a lot of money, coupled with a DC propaganda meister can win a race.