Mar

Chad Nesbitt elected GOP Chair

From the Buncombe County GOP website:

Congratulations to the Buncombe County Republican Party for an upbeat and productive County Convention! Today, Republicans elected a new Chairman, Chad Nesbitt, who has plans for major fundraising and organizational goals.

We also elected a 1st Vice Chairman, Chris Eck, and Secretary, Miah Siemion, both of whom have been serving as interim officers up until the Convention.

Our previous Chairman, Robert Malt, plans to continue his volunteer work with the BCGOP. In particular, he will continue coordinating volunteer training efforts for our voter database tools. Robert is leaving the party with many more precinct chairs, new volunteers in key positions, a full slate of Republican candidates for the 2010 election, and thousands of dollars in the bank account. We sincerely appreciate all of his efforts and are thrilled that he will continue to play an important role in our local party.

For those of you who may be new to the area or who have perhaps been living under a rock for the last few years, the intrepid David Forbes profiled Chad a while back in the Mountain XPress. Chad is a long-time conservative activist and founder of the Carolina Stompers.

What do you Hooligans think? Does Chad’s selection as BCGOP chair bode well for the future of the Republican Party in Buncombe County? Not that I really need to ask.

Comments

Congratulations, Chad!

Move over, Michael Steele!

2. Deus Ex Machina says:

This is the best news I’ve heard all day!

3. Jason Bugg says:

Well at least they are being honest about being racist, sexist homophobes.

4. Jason Bugg says:

Also, I’ve collected some of my favorite Nesbitt-isms and put them on my blog. Be sure to check it out.

I will provide a comment when/if I can stop laughing.

6. randallt says:

This sounds like great news. I hope this is a national trend.

7. Barry Summers says:

Little early for April Fools, isn’t it?

8. Mr. Smug says:

Just when they thought people were going to take the Buncombe County GOP seriously, WHAMO! They crown The Chad. From fake doctors to Chad Nesbitt, it’s been a hilariously embarrassing year for the local elephants, IMHO.

9. all I can say is:

le incroyable Chad Nesbitt ! embrassez ma chèvre mais je n’ai pas pensé que ceci se produirait.

oui?

which translates to something like “kiss my goat but I did not think this would happen.”

Ay, yi yi.

Good luck, Chad. I suspect you may need it, alas.

10. The Buncombe County Republican Party has finally elected a leader with fire in his belly and a willingness to advance the party over his own personal political career path. He is just the man to awaken and excite Christian Conservative in Buncombe County. Chad Nesbitt is the Chuck Norris of the BCGOP!

Liberals and Lefty libertarians in Buncombe County go back to sleep. Move along, there is nothing to see here.

11. Deus Ex Machina says:

Chad Nesbitt is the Chuck Norris of the BCGOP!

Nah, more like Steven Seagal. But other than that, I can agree with this sentiment.

I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Richard Bernier sent along a link to Chairman Nesbitt’s campaign speech for the nomination. Just click it. It’s not a Rickroll.

This video was shoot at the Buncombe County GOP Convention before the vote of Chairman of the BCGOP.

And so it had begun. While the English language survive?

15. It’s true that some of my fellow Republicans are grammatically challenged and will never win a spelling bee. I wasn’t aware that was a job prerequisite for being an activist (in the case of Richard Bernier) or party leader (in the case of Chad Nesbitt).

Chad is the party chairman, not secretary or English teacher. The biggest part of his job is to motivate Republicans. Motivate them to vote for Republicans, to volunteer their time and/or money, and to grow the party. He has the skill set for those tasks in spades.

Chad is your worst nightmare come true. All the better that you feel the need to laugh at him.

he is laughed at because of the garbage that comes out of his mouth. If this is the direction the local GOP wants to go, then more power to them. Just let me know when the first witch burning is, I want to have a nice seat, I’ll even share my popcorn.

17. Jason Bugg says:

Bobby, as I said to you on Facebook, this is like me becoming the leader of the local GOP*.

Can you imagine the uproar you’d cause if the local Democratic Party elected someone that wished syphilis on a City Councilman? Could you imagine someone who was investigated for operating an illegal gambling ring being elected as chairman of the Democrats and you not raising a shit storm?

I don’t expect you to actually answer these questions, but think about that while singing the praises of someone with worse grammar than my seven year-old nephew, openly believes in witchcraft and has a creepy obsession with the dark sides of sexuality. Not to mention that the guy is aquarium gravel-dumb, gas station hot dog-peddling imbecile.

It is now my goal in life to make sure that faux tough guys like Nesbitt never attain anything. I have seen my enemy and it is this idiot.

*Nesbitt would compare to me after I’ve been kicked in the head by a horse.

18. Deus Ex Machina says:

Well, one man’s garbage…

19. Mister Smug says:

I wonder what Tim Peck thinks about Dr. Nesbitt’s new job…

20. OMG!! Someone needs to call Fox Hollywood. This would make the best ever reality TV show.

21. brainshrub says:

This is the best news for local progressives in years.

Chad couldn’t lead ants to a picnic, let alone a political organization to victory.

22. Barry Summers says:

Chad Nesbitt is the Chuck Norris of the BCGOP!

More like the Moe Howard of the BCGOP…

23. Mike D. says:

“Not to mention that the guy is aquarium gravel-dumb, gas station hot dog-peddling imbecile.” – Jason Bugg

You remind me of a joke the mathematician/pianist/comedian Tom Lehrer told back in the 1960’s. He said “I’m sure we all agree that we ought to love one another, and I know there are people in the world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that!” When I say “you remind me of a joke”, I mean that you are the punchline of the joke.

Intolerance drips from your every thought. It’s remarkable to see someone so eager to proclaim his prejudice in a public forum. Come to think of it, you and Mr. Nesbitt have a great deal in common.

24. Michael Muller says:

Chad may be many things, but he’s far from stupid.

25. Deus Ex Machina says:

This is what Mike D. was talking about.

Tom Lehrer pretty much rules.

Mike D,
    Since when does calling attention to another persons intolerance and bigotry make one a bigot? Are you at all familiar with Nesbitt’s schlock? He is a fascist in the guise of a used car salesman.

27. Big Ivy says:

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please! Some of your comments made me laugh but in the back of my mind I keep hearing a warning about under-estimating your enemy and the dangers thereof. I’m also deeply superstitious and am pretty sure that feeling “cocky” and crowing brings bad things down on your head. So, please, out of consideration for my gray hair, be both wily and humble. 🙂

28. Barry Summers says:

I humbly submit that Chad is a turd.

29. Deus Ex Machina says:

Anyone see the Stompers site recently? Teh Chad stepped down, handed the controls over to someone else.

30. John says:

Jokes aside. And there are many… The BCGOP has serious fundraising issues. If Chad does a better job at raising cash, then he’s done his job. I think that’s what a lot of folks are banking on.

There’s a real desire among classical conservatives to toss the neo-cons out on their asses. The problem is the neo-con old guard R’s have traditionally been the big money donors. From my understanding, the stompers have out raised the local party apparatus for a few years now. While they did a fair job at getting new folks into empty party posts, Johnson and Malt were never strong fundraisers. If Nesbitt can get those small donors excited, then he’ll be hailed as a hero.

The real question is what cost will Republican candidates pay at the polls due to Chad’s divisive nature. If he takes a back seat to the stronger candidates – Bridgette Odom, Tim Moffitt and Dan Eichenbaum (assuming Eichenbaum wins the primary) – Chad may have a successful run at the job since he’s an open book in the sense that every negative aspect of his life has already been scrutinized. But if the guy can’t keep his mouth shut, then that may not be the case.

Now that I’ve gotten my political geek out, I’m going to join in on the heckling.