Dec

Bloggui

Just a note to let y’all know that I’ve not been much in the mood for blogging.  It’s my occasional attack of bloggui, and it comes around every several months.  Maybe Doug, Arratik, or Uptown will roll in to keep this virtual page fresh.  Or maybe not.  Either way, I’ll try to keep some fresh threads up for you until the blog bug bites me in the ass yet again.  It always does.

Is it correct that Carl Mumpower wasn’t invited to Charles Taylor’s annual Christmas dinner?

Comments

1. Michael Muller says:

No, Gordon, it is not.

MM

2. Gratuitous says:

Since you’re getting personal anyway, how’s about offering up a theory? Why does your verve flag? Since it apparently happens to everyone, we noobs could use some perspective from the master.

3. bobaloo says:

Lazy bastard. You could always give Bugg posting privileges.
    Or if you want more chaos, create an open blog from time to time for trusted users.

4. bobaloo says:

Holy crap that comment went through fast! Good job Arratik.

5. Tom Buckner says:

I had a pal who did one of the greatest blogs ever, The Nonist.

You can read 5 years’ worth of old posts there, always genius. But nothing new. He retired the blog months ago, and if you go there you’ll see his farewell post.

Blogging is HARD. It’s a marathon with no finish line. Consider: blog for a year, and at the end you have a year’s worth of old blog posts. Many of them were current events posts and have no real utility now. Work equally hard on a novel for a year, and unless it’s an ambitious one, it will be done and you got yourself a novel. (I started a blog once, did about three posts and got bored and abandoned it. But, prior to this, I spent two years writing a novel. So I’ve been there, sort of.)

Gratuitous,

Each time the bloggui has felt a little different. This time, in the wake of such an emotional election, I simply find my attention on other things. ScruHoo is and always has been a place where I write about whatever is interesting me in the moment. And when I don’t feel like writing, I can just step away and express my interests in the same way all the other non-bloggers do.

Like I said in the post, each time I’ve returned renewed to the blog. It feels like a very natural, healthy cycle.

Bob,

LOL re: Bugg.

And to your suggestion – isn’t that what we do anyway? These threads are as open and as interesting a forum as you’ll find on any Asheville website.

Arratik,

I’m leaving this comment just because it’s so much damn fun to comment now that you’ve tinkered with the innards. So fast! So immediate! Bing, bing, bing! Think it, write it, post it! Just like that! Wa-la!

9. David Roat says:

so when do we start a campaign to ask Kay Hagen not to vote for Harry Reid for Majority Leader?

10. Arratik says:

While we’re at it, we can ask Shuler, Kissell, Miller, Watt, McIntyre, Price, Etheridge and Butterfield not to vote for Pelosi for Speaker.

11. Jenny Bowen says:

I had to comment just to see myself how fast the comments are now! 😀

– – – – –

I’m with you there Gordon –

This council application process was an extension if not a nice come down from our early November election high. The recent election was definitely enlightening and engaging, but I felt the drain of it as well. Taking time for reflection and diversifying experiences are key to fueling the fire of any inspiration or creative endeavor.

Personally I need to retreat for a spell and concentrate on wrapping up my Faces of Asheville exhibit up so that I may start working on other projects – returning refueled, renewed, and refreshed.

I still want folks to meet & talk about ideas that came forth during this last political process, but I may need to take a personal hiatus until after the New Years.

Enjoy the break – I know I will. 🙂

12. Doug Gibson says:

The occasional bout of bloggui is better than chronic blogorrhea.

13. Jason Bugg says:

I’m going through the same thing in my blogging life and professional life. I feel out of whack.

So in closing, I hate you all.

14. Adam says:

I assure you the feeling is mutual, Bugg.

15. Betsy Muse says:

Gordon, you could always do what I do when I don’t feel like writing. I redesign BlueNC. Heh…that takes me away from writing for a few weeks.

Kinda.

Miss you.

16. Jason Bugg says:

I’d like to fight Adam. With a bicycle chain.

17. Gratuitous says:

Crap, Bugg’s here. Could you repeat the original topic?

18. At the workdesk says:

Arratik-

Whom would you prefer (to Pelosi)?

19. bobaloo says:

Whom would you prefer (to Pelosi)?

Satan would qualify.

20. Adam says:

Bugg-

Here Thag. Take Napkin. Got mammoth on face.

21. Arratik says:

I’ll have to give that some thought, ATW. But one thing’s for certain – we need legislators, not lapdogs.